Articles in the EC1Echo about reviving Bartholomew Fair in 2023 have attracted support. However, in lots of ways we already have an all-year Fair taking place in the many venues along the City of London’s Culture Mile.
Here’s a discussion paper on how we might combine a new Fair with promotion of those very varied activities, support the Barts 900 fund-raising plans of Barts Hospital and St Bartholomew’s the Great, and join with the Destination City campaign. Read the paper here.
In order to get started, the paper suggests:
- Discuss with Barts 900 partners, and the Destination City team, how Bartholomew Fair might support their plans.
- Summarise more fully the history of Bartholomew Fair, with other linked references to support this first idea of Barts Fair Revived. Set up a blog and web pages.
- List and map the organisations, places and activities along and near Culture Mile, so we know more about the assets that we have. Is a common events calendar possible?
- Ask organisations what they are planning for 2022/23, and explore with them whether Barts Fair could help them do more and connect with others. Invite those interested to a walk and get together – maybe on or near August 24.
- Depending on the response, develop some demonstrations of virtual tours and other ideas in my article for the Echo.